Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Letters From BlogLand

To all of my Followers, Lurkers, Comment Writers and Searchers out there in Blog Land, I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas and a Bright New Year.

This has been a very challenging year for me and for my family, as it has been for many I am sure. 

One of the challenges I am facing right now is Meniere's disease.  I have terrible vertigo and am spending my days trying to accomplish things all while being dizzy and nauseous.  It is not easy.

Currently I am in the process of re-vamping my etsy shop.  I am painting new back drops, painting furniture and making props.  It should return by Jan. 1st 2014. 

Recently I have had several people contact me through my etsy shop. 
Unless it is a short but sweet question or involves business on etsy, I would prefer you did not do this. 
I love it when you use the Comment section here- there is some really good stuff in the Comments on several of the Monster High custom tutorial pages where you can learn more about doll customization.  When you comment, and I publish it, it reaches a larger audience.

Also, unless I have used a technique myself, and can document it here in writing and with photos, I will not be posting what it is that you do yourself for your own customs.  I have my own sense of integrity about things of this nature and will not advise anyone to do anything I have not also done.  One should know what the results will be with certainty before telling you to try it.

Over the last 2 years I have put in a lot of time and energy to make this blog helpful.  My posts have slowed down recently as I have faced the challenges of just finding the time to do the things I need to do, let alone the things I like to do.

Lastly, to those of you who have said Thank You, who have told me they have gone on to do their own custom dolls - you have made me feel warm and fuzzy inside.  I am grateful.

If you have photos of your doll customs you want to share, send them here: pb.maximus@gmail.com

Cheers, PB Ray



Yes, I know, not Monster High :)~  But these are some of my other girls ready for Christmas.



10 comments:

  1. Thanks PB and I applaud your sense of integrity. That makes you all the more amazing as an artist. I am sorry to hear you are having a difficult time health wise. I wish you some relief as soon as can be managed. Thank you again for sharing your art. I for one am glad I happened upon your sight so many months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous collection, and I am in such LUST with that MH black-strap dress you showed. I'm sorry to hear about your case of the dizzies (not trying to make light of your situation, I just have the habit of renaming serious-sounding things), and I sincerely hope you find a course of treatment that helps without hurting. Have a very merry holiday and I can't wait to see what happens for you in 2014 (which I'm sure will be MUCH better than this year).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I call it the dizzies too. I look like a drunk toddler trying to walk around my home. Walls, furniture and doorways are all challenges. Things will improve I am sure. For now I try to keep a sense of humor about it - much better that way :)
      The cage dress is fun. I may make another. Its a bit time consuming as everything is hand sewn. Looks good though! she says patting herself on the back.
      Happy Christmas and Thank You for your comment <3

      Delete
  3. I love your blog and I'm very grateful you keep posting wonderful work in spite of the disease. You are a true inspiration! Happy Holidays and hugs from me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear about your Meniere's. A friend of mine has that and I've seen what a trail it's been for her. I hope that 2014 finds you happy and healthier.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello I got a sewing machine for Christmas. I just love dolls and now that I have a machine I can make clothes for them. I can't wait to get more dolls and in the spring and summer post up pictures of them. I love the tutorials you have posted. Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I wish a Merry Christmas and a Bright New Year to you and your family too!
    Initially I came here to ask you a question, as you're so good with Monster High doll customizations and probably know the answer, but now I prefer to wait a bit till you're fine :)
    Take care of yourself honey, and don't make too much efforts! Take advantage of this period of holidays to relax ;)

    ReplyDelete